Try changing:

RPLTRG(*YES) by RPLTRG(*NO)

Kmh0421@xxxxxxx wrote:

Good Morning;

In reference to email I sent yesterday under kmh0421@xxxxxxx:

One of you was kind enough to write telling me to add more info on my Trigger Problem. Here it is: The purpose of the trigger is to write certain 'events' to a file as they occur to be used to send out EDI IFTSTA's. I copied a physical file from production to my library (TKMAST to KHMAST). The file has no constraints or other triggers, and KHMAST in my library has no logicals. We are on V5R2, security level 40.

I used this command: ===> ADDPFTRG FILE(KMHLIB/KHMAST) TRGTIME(*AFTER) TRGEVENT(*UPDATE) PGM(KMHLIB/TRIGGERA) RPLTRG(*YES) TRG(KHMAST_AFTER_UPDATE) .

I receive this error:

Message ID . . . . . . : CPF32C6 Severity . . . . . . . : 40

Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic

Date sent . . . . . . : 05/20/04 Time sent . . . . . . : 08:24:57

Message . . . . : Trigger operation not successful.

Cause . . . . . : The trigger operation for file KHMAST in library KMHLIB failed because of errors. The operation code was 1. Operation codes and their meanings are: 1 - Add a trigger Additional Message Information Message ID . . . . . . : CPD32E7 Severity . . . . . . . : 20 Message type . . . . . : diagnostic Date sent . . . . . . : 05/20/04 Time sent . . . . . . : 08:24:57

Message . . . . : The trigger operation failed.

Cause . . . . . : The trigger operation for file KHMAST in library KMHLIB, for trigger KHMAST_AFTER_UPDATE in library KMHLIB, failed because of errors.

The operation was 1. The reason code is 6.

The operation codes and their meanings are as follows:

6 - Rename a trigger The reason codes and their meanings are: More... Press Enter to continue. Additional Message Information Message ID . . . . . . : CPD32E7 Severity . . . . . . . : 20

Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic 06 - Cross Reference failed with return code X'10A2' and diagnostic code 0.
More... Press Enter to continue.

Here is TriggerA, which calls Pete Halls shell I named TriggerB:

Columns . . . : 6 76 Edit KMHLIB/QRPGLESRC SEU==> TRIGGERA

FMT D DName+++++++++++ETDsFrom+++To/L+++IDc.Keywords+++++++++++++++++++++++++

0014.00 dparm1 ds

0015.00 dparm2 ds

0017.00 * Input/output parameters

0018.00 c *entry plist

0019.00 c parm parm1

0020.00 c parm parm2

0022.00 * Call program to do the actual work

0024.00 c call 'TRIGGERB'

0025.00 c parm parm1

0026.00 c parm parm2

0030.00 c eval *INLR=*On

I sure hope this is enough to help. Thank-you in advance.

Thanks all, have a great day!

Kathie