Just to reiterate explicitly what you've learned by trial and error....

External procedure names are always case sensitive.  The thing to remember
is that RPG itself is case insensitive, so it converts everything to all
uppercase internally.  Thus when you call an external RPG procedure the name
needs to be all uppercase. Java and C on the other hand are case sensitive,
so you could have a SYSTEM(), system(), System() that all do completely
different things.  You have to match case to get the correct procedure
called.

Charles