For some reasons, I though that is only available in V5R3.  But just check the
V5R2 manual and I can actually to what you mentioned.

Thanks :)

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Rick.Chevalier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lim,

You could chain into a data structure and/or write from a different data
structure to keep the field names separate.  I don't know how long this has
been available but it has really come in handy for me recently.

This example is from a working program.  You can substitute CHAIN and WRITE for
the READ and UPDATE.

d LnpaufIn        ds                  LikeRec(LFFEER :*Input)
d LnpaufOut       ds                  LikeRec(LFFEER :*Output)

// Read the input record
ReadE(E) %KDS(LNPAUFKey :2) LFFEER LnpaufIn;

//Update record
Update LFFEER LnpaufOut;

HTH,