Tom Liotta wrote:

> I'm glad to see SOMEbody asking this question... I'd been thinking I should
> post a request for clarification but more kept getting added to the thread.
> So far, I've seen nothing that explains why Z-ADD should result in a DDE. An
> ADD is obvious, but Z-ADD???

Z-ADD shouldn't generate a DDE unless factor 2 is invalid.  The current
contents of the result field should be irrelevant.

This test OPM program runs fine and when converted to ILE it also runs
fine:
     IDS          DS
     I                                        1   50ZONED
     I                                    P   1   50PACKED
      * Totally invalid zoned data
     C                     MOVE *ALLX'4D' DS
     C                     Z-ADD1         ZONED
     C           'ZONED '  DSPLY          ZONED
      * Totally invalid packed data
     C                     MOVE *ALLX'D4' DS
     C                     Z-ADD2         PACKED
     C           'PACKED'  DSPLY          PACKED
     C                     SETON                     LR