Is your Member Type SQLRPGLE?

>>> rob@xxxxxxxxx 03/25/04 2:38 PM >>>
I have this following prototype member (entire member follows):
      /if defined(DSpec)
     D SysName         s             10a      System name
      /else
     C/EXEC SQL
     C+     values current server
     C+       into :SysName
     C/END-EXEC
      /endif

I have this embedded in an RPGLE program as per the following:
      /DEFINE DSpec
      /INCLUDE ROUTINES/QRPGLESRC,SRVPGMCPY
      /INCLUDE ROUTINES/QPROTOSRC,SYSNAME
      *INCLUDE ROUTINES/QAPISRC,QMHSNDPM
      /INCLUDE ROUTINES/QPROTOSRC,DOMCPY
     D NoServersLeft   s               n
     D OpenCur1        PR
     D FetchRow        PR
     D SetRowTime      PR
     D CloseCur1       PR
     D DBSCAN        e ds                  Qualified
      /UNDEFINE DSpec

     C/EXEC SQL
     C+ Set Option
     C+     Naming    = *Sys,
     C+     Commit    = *None,
     C+     UsrPrf    = *User,
     C+     DynUsrPrf = *User,
     C+     Datfmt    = *iso,
     C+     CloSqlCsr = *EndMod
     C/END-EXEC
      /INCLUDE ROUTINES/QPROTOSRC,SYSNAME

Precompile generates the following:
1476 D  SQL_00017             64     64A
1477 C*EXEC SQL
1478 C* Set Option
1479 C*     Naming    = *Sys,
1480 C*     Commit    = *None,
1481 C*     UsrPrf    = *User,
1482 C*     DynUsrPrf = *User,
1483 C*     Datfmt    = *iso,
1484 C*     CloSqlCsr = *EndMod
1486  /INCLUDE ROUTINES/QPROTOSRC,SYSNAME
      *----------------------------------------------------------
      * RPG member name  . . . . . :  SYSNAME
      * External name  . . . . . . :  ROUTINES/QPROTOSRC(SYSNAME)
      * Last change  . . . . . . . :  03/23/04  16:37:58
      * Text 'description' . . . . :  Get system name via SQL
      *----------------------------------------------------------
1487+ /if defined(DSpec)
          LINES EXCLUDED: 1
1488+ /else
1489+C/EXEC SQL
======> aaaaa
*RNF0274 30 a      002003+ Compiler directive not recognized; directive
ignored.
1490+C+     values current server
======> aa                 c bbbbbbbb
*RNF5001 20 a      002005+ Control-Level entry is not valid; defaults to

previous
                           control level.
*RNF5375 20 b      002005+ The Operation Code is followed by data which
is
not valid.
 RNF5014 30 c      002005+ Operation code is not valid; specification is

ignored.
1491+C+       into :SysName
=====> aa                 bb
 RNF5001 20 a      002007+ Control-Level entry is not valid; defaults to

previous
                          control level.
 RNF5014 30 b      002007+ Operation code is not valid; specification is

ignored.
1492+C/END-EXEC
=====> aaaaaaaaa
RNF0274 30 a      002008+ Compiler directive not recognized; directive
ignored.
1493+ /endif
1494
1495
1496   // Initialize all DBSCAN start times to *NULL
Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073