>I know, Buck, but linked-lists of UsrSpc's
>obviates the mistakenly-apparent need.

I obviously have a lot to learn.  I had a heck of a time trying to search
across an arbitrary number of linked user spaces.  Managing an arbitrary number
of user spaces seemed much like trying to use individual variable names instead
of arrays.  I had to keep an array of pointers, and essentially switch contexts
when I came across a boundary.  And of course, what I'm looking for can span a
boundary (i.e not be entirely contained in a particular space) and so I need to
set aside a separate buffer for a search window where I load the last n bytes
of space 1 and the next n bytes of space 2 so I can search.

I don't see how I misunderstood the requirement, or the level of effort but I'm
willing to be educated.
  --buck

The information contained in this message is confidential and only intended for
the
person or entity named above. Views or opinions expressed in this e-mail
message
are those of the author only.