Hello Joe:

<joe>
My question is this: has anybody tried calling a web service directly
from RPG?  I can't believe it's that difficult; it's simply a sockets
communication.  But I can find no examples anywhere.
</joe>

I developed some web service using LIBHTTP Scott Klement library.

A easy example its using google API search with RPG.

try to download this example from
http://www.ajut400.com/ajut400/google1.rpgle
and http://www.ajut400.com/ajut400/google.cmd400

If you need Info about using SOAP Google API http://www.google.com/apis/

> it would be nice to be able to do it directly from RPG.

Yes, its very nice & fast!!! ;-))

Alex Martinez