Folks:

I'd like to remind everyone what this forum is about ... this is a technical forum designed to help people utilize RPG on the iSeries to it's best advantage.

Does it mean helping people who are new to RPG? Yes.
Does it mean pointing people to the appropriate manual? Yes
Does it mean helping people figure out a new opcode or technique? Yes.
Does it mean helping people figure out why they are getting a weird error message? Yes

That said ... we need to encourage people to do some of their own research before asking a question ... regardless of how basic or complex it seems. We're all here to help each other ... but helping yourself is the first part of getting a problem solved. Please take a moment to review Eric Raymond's excellent FAQ on how to ask questions the smart way at http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html.

Some of the things this forum is *NOT* about are ...
. Doing a RPG student's homework assignment
. Helping a consultant pass a test so they can get a RPG programming job
. Discussing CL, COBOL, Java, SEU, DDS, etc, *EXCEPT* as they relate to RPG programming
. Discussing iSeries marketing (or non-marketing, as the case may be)
. Discussing the merits of open source and/or free software.

As for moderation of this forum ... I'm actively monitoring (and participating) ... so I will try and take care of any problems as they occur. If you see something that you feel is getting out of hand, please contact me privately.

Also ... if you feel someone is attacking you personally, please contact me privately and *DO* *NOT* respond. Take 10 minutes to calm down before clicking the send button.

As always, if you have any questions about this or any other forum administrative topic, please contact me privately.

david