From: Ron Harvey [mailto:ron.harvey2@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 4:15 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Chaining to a SFLRCD

Shelly,

It sounds to me like you have not loaded any data into the subfile. When you
initialize a subfile, the values are zeros and blanks.

If you then chain to the subfile, all subfile fields will be overlaid by the
subfile values (blanks or zeros).

Are you accumulating the data from the other files into subfile field names,
then chaining to the subfile?

Have you done anything with the subfile since initializing it, write or
update?

Ron

date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:30:56 -0600

from: Shelly.Sommerfeld@xxxxxxxxxxx

subject: Chaining to a SFLRCD

Hi All,

I am having a bit of a problem with my subfile and chaining to it.  I have
done everything the exact same way as my other subfiles that I have done but
this one doesn't seem to want to work.  here is what I do:

I will first Initialize the subfile control.  EXFMT on the subfile to
display my screen.  I will then enter in the information that I am asking
for.  I will process that information for a single record (read from other
files and held into an array) Chain out the SFLRCD then update.  Continue
the process until it meets my counter.

Any way when I go to Chain it clears my SFLRCD fields out.  I have double
checked my indicators, my dds, everything that I can think of.  My other
co-worker and I can't seem to figure this one out.

Any advice or Ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Shelly Sommerfeld

Programmer/Analyst

Bureau of Information and Telecommunications

Team 3

(605)773-5808