Scott, I think that is the answer.
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Mildenberger [mailto:scottmildenberger@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 1:32 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: whats the difference on this update.

Is the key on the logical such that there are records with the same key?
I assume the logical on the test file was the only logical existing.
The logical on the production file is probably sharing another access
path that forces the order of the records to use more fields than the
key on the logical being used.  The field you are changing is probably
one of these additional ordering fields caused by the access path
sharing so it is acting like you are actually changing the key fields.

I'm not sure that is a clear description above :) but it is saying that
the production file is sharing a different access path than the test
file which is causing the problem (my guess anyway).

Scott Mildenberger