Hi,
i'm testing the use of an UDF to create a running total.

The idea was to everytime pass keep the running total value in memory of the
udf-program.

Everything works fine the first time an sql-statement is launched...

select nr, testudf(nr)
from testfile

nr              runn. total
    1              1,00000
    2              3,00000
 1000          1.003,00000
 1001          2.004,00000
 1002          3.006,00000

if i try to launch the same sql a 2nd time .. i receive a Decimal data
error.

Bericht-ID . . . . . . :   MCH1202       Severity . . . . . . . :   40
Datum gezonden . . . . :   09/02/04      Tijdstip gezonden  . . :   17:44:44
Type bericht . . . . . :   Afbreken
CCSID  . . . . . . . . :   65535         Thread . . . . . . . . :   0000003D

Gezonden door programma  . . . :   TESTUDF
  Van bibliotheek  . . . . . . :     XTCO
  Van module . . . . . . . . . :     TESTUDF
  Van procedure  . . . . . . . :     TESTUDF
  Van instructie . . . . . . . :     40

Gezonden naar programma  . . . :   TESTUDF
  Naar bibliotheek . . . . . . :     XTCO
  Naar module  . . . . . . . . :     TESTUDF
  Naar procedure . . . . . . . :     TESTUDF
  Naar instructie  . . . . . . :     40

If i now launch the same sql-statement the third time,
the statement returns correctly the asked information

What can i do to avoid this problem....

the udf looks simply like that

 create function Testudf
  (value_in decimal(15, 5))