VARPG has a requirement for a Windows environment.  That is true.  However
when the original request stipulates a .dll I believe we are safely staying
on the ball when we respond with an answer that assumes a Windows
environment is available.

By the way, the PC based tool is Code/400, an IBM product designed as the
preferred tool for the iSeries programmer.  Don't we all use it already?

<soapbox>
I do understand what you are meaning though John.  VARPG is a failed product
  It does all that it promises to do.  It allows competent RPG programmers
to write true Windows applications using existing skills and iSeries data
but so what.  Nearly no one accepts VARPG as a tool for their shop but the
fact is that any shop with a lot of legacy stuff, a love for the iSeries,
and a need to put true Windows  function on some users desks would save a
lot of time and energy if they'd use this tool they already own and
understand.
</soap box>

Booth Martin   http://www.MartinVT.com
Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx