Hi Jon!

 >>> The feature i like is to RESET a record to the default values defined in
> the database. There's nothing equivalent available. AFAIK, of course.

> Did I miss that out of my lecture Tony <grin>

> The way you do it is to:

> a) Specify an externally described DS based on the file in question, and

> b) Specify INZ(*EXTDFT) on that DS.

> This will initialize the structure to its externally defined defaults and
> therefore RESET will do just as you want.

Yes, of course. Thanks for the recap.

There was sort of a flame war running (or at least i got the
impression) and then that expanded to "new features" that "nobody"
really needs.

But with the light of your recap RESET for INZed fields does makes
sense.

Maybe i should have just shut up and read the three pages of mails
that i was simply overseeing before i added my 0.02 Euro... ;-)

> Glad you were listening when I said that GOTO was evil <VBG>

I hope i was listening to everything you and Susan said, i hope to
read every mail that you and other enlighteneds write; and i do hope
that this mad brain of mine delivers it just in time when i need it!
:-)

(And GOTO was forbidden (and i mean it! A guy wrote a program to check
the source codes for that and for ITER, LEAVE, ...!) long years ago...
;-)

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / best regards

Anton Gombkötö