Um, how about running the CVTRPGPGMR command?  <g>

Fer cryin' out loud!  RPG III-to-IV is such an easy learning curve.  I have yet
run into a -III programmer who could not read my -IV code and not know what it
was
doing.  Typical response - "wow, that *is* easier to read!"

Usually the questions I get from a -IV newbie are related to D-specs; you know,
how
do you do arrays?  data structures?  compile-time arrays?  Maybe I should
create a
cheat-sheet for that.  I never show them a program right off the bat that does
anything that cannot be done in RPG-III (i.e., %bifs, EVAL statements); all I
want
them to see up front is how easy it is to convert from -III to -IV.  Let them
go for
a couple of weeks just doing RPG-III-style coding in -IV syntax, then start
introducing "newer" stuff.

Of course, if you can send them all to get RPG-IV training, well, you've
whacked a
bigger chunk off the learning curve.

Having said all that, it may well depend on your "position" on the programming
staff.  You may be in no position to demand this of the other programmers, or
your
sphere of influence may be zero, in which case you'll be spitting in the wind.
Been
there, done that.

GA