From: Haas, Matt [mailto:Matt.Haas@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 10:25 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: Unlimited size result sets

This begs the question, who's going to wait around for a quarter million
rows to be loaded from the database for every request? Regardless of this
being a servlet or an applet, it's going to take a long time to push that
much data across a wire (not to mention the amount of memory you'd need just
to store the data from a single request). If this were only a few hundred
rows, it wouldn't be much problem but "in the real world", most developers
are smart enough to let the database do the heavy lifting when it comes to
selecting and sorting large amounts of data.

Matt