   That was it, thanks the call works now :-) .  Next I can attempt to
   actually understand what I have done, then move towards service programs.
   Again to everyone who helped me with this, THANKS.

   Scott Mildenberger wrote:

 Duane,

 If you are creating source #2 as a module you shouldn't have the
 extpgm keyword.  When source #1 uses that to call the procedure
 it is looking for a *PGM object which doesn't exist in your
 case.  EXTPGM is for creating a prototype for calling an *PGM
 object.

 Scott Mildenberger
 --- Duane Kehoe <dkehoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Scott,

    My prototype in source#1 is:

                      ****************************
    0012.02       * Procedure Prototypes
    *

    0012.03       ****************************

    0012.04      d ediprseg        pr
    extpgm('EDIPRSEG')
    0012.05      d
    135a

    0012.06      d                                  3p
    0

    0012.07      d
    25a

    0012.08      d
    1a
    0012.09      d
    1a

    0012.10      d
    1a

    0012.11      d                                  1a

    And the call used is:

    CALLP
 EDIPRSEG(indta:reqfld:field:found:segterm:elemsep:subelemsep);