Question about this quote from a performance tip published at
http://search400.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid3_gci933768,00.html (The quote
is a
sidebar of an unrelated but interesting performance tip involving WRKDSKSTS) :

    If you're still running OPM programs, you're suffering
    considerably at the hands of ILE. As you know, OPM programs
    run slower than their ILE counterparts: Because the native
    environment on Version 3 is ILE, the OPM environment has
    to be emulated.

Did I miss this class?  OPM is emulated?  Or have I heard this before, but the
details showed that there was very little difference in performance between
similar
OPM & ILE programs?  I.e., is faster execution, by itself, a very good reason to
convert a  program from OPM to ILE?

Is the tip author comparing running a single OPM program vs. a single-module ILE
program?  Or is he comparing an "application" OPM CL calls RPG, which calls
several
RPGs, vs. same scenario in ILE, but with all of these being modules bound into
one
program object?

Academically meandering,
GA