> From: Bob cozzi
>
> Joe,
> That is correct, and why would you not put the names in there anyway?
> Cloning? Don't you think its more beneficial to be able to see what
the
> procedure name is of the procedure above the one your looking at by
seeing
> the ending P spec with the proc name on it vs. just an empty "P"
sitting
> there?

Not particularly.  I don't see the benefit to redundant typing in any
fashion.  I guess because I've had far more recompiles due to not
changing the name in the procedure end than confusion in figuring out
the name of the procedure.

Part of that may be do to my personal standard to keep procedures under
30 or 40 lines, and the fact that I can easily see 60 lines on the IDE,
and that's without maximizing the pane.  Lots of my procedures are 10 to
20 lines (sometimes even less!), so I'm rarely at a loss as to what
procedure I'm in.

> Besides, doesn't your IDE have a Procedure Wizard in it to generate
> subprocedures and their prototypes for you?  CodeStudio does.  :)

So does WDSCi51!  However, while I don't know about everybody else,
there are often times when it's a lot faster for me to clone an existing
procedure than go through the wizard.

Joe