Howdy all,

I've been using the QUSRMBRD API for a couple of years to validate the
existence of a member in a file and now I want to actually use the
values the API returns.  I have this right now as my base:

       d getMemberDesc   pr                  extpgm( 'QUSRMBRD' )
       d  QRec                        512
       d  QRecLen                       4b 0
       d  QFormat                       8
       d  QFilLib                      20
       d  QMember                      10
       d  QOverRides                    1
       d  WPError                      56

And I found this page at the Infocenter:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/index.htm

And IAW that site I built a datastructures to reflect the BASIC format:

       d QBasic          ds                  qualified inz
       d  bytesReturned                 4b 0
       d  bytesAvail                    4b 0
       d  fileName                     10a
       d  libraryName                  10a
       d  memberName                   10a
       d  fileAttribute                10a
       d  sourceType                   10a
       d  createDtTm                   13a
       d  lastChgDtTm                  13a
       d  description                  50a
       d  sourceFile                    1a

The problem is that the data is off by a few characters.  Here are the
results in debug:

> EVAL QBasic
   BYTESRETURNED OF QBASIC = 0000.
   BYTESAVAIL OF QBASIC = 0135.
   FILENAME OF QBASIC = '   gVAMAPI'
   LIBRARYNAME OF QBASIC = 'CS  CGILIB'
   MEMBERNAME OF QBASIC = '    SHE   '
   FILEATTRIBUTE OF QBASIC = '    PF    '
   SOURCETYPE OF QBASIC = '          '
   CREATEDTTM OF QBASIC = '    101121418'
   LASTCHGDTTM OF QBASIC = '1739         '
   DESCRIPTION OF QBASIC =
   SOURCEFILE OF QBASIC = ' '

Starting at filename you see the data is shifted 4 characters to the
right.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Joel