hi all,

I want to knoe more abt program described file,neither = got an
   opportunity to knoe more abt nor used much...

1)i would like t= o knoe whether RUNQRY commands etc can be used to see
   contents of program d= escribed file

below is part of the RPG/400 program iam analyzing...At= the end some
   O specs after some calculations('c' specs)..

2)wh= ether all the  commands( i use for all externally described files
   like= RUNQRY,DSPFD)can be used for program described files?

3)in the follo= wing case iam nt getting any output in spool file?is
   there any other way i = can see the output for this program described
   file?

4)program describ= ed files are defined in programs...are there any
   major differences btw prog= ram described and externally described files
   in real practical applications= ?

Please provide me some pointers,I wud really appreciate if some one   shares
his knowledge .

Thaks in advance,

Murali.

====================   =========================   =========================   =

 FGMIRPMF1 UF  F    218      &nbsp= ;     DISK
 IGMIRPMF1 AA              &nbs= p;                     &n= bsp;

 I          &nbsp= ;                     &nb= sp;       2  2 FIRM

 I  &nbsp= ;                     &nb= sp;             13  17 CIDENT
   &nb= sp;         I           =                     &nbs= p;     20  22
   CFIRM

 I      &n= bsp;                     =             5  12 OFCAC

 I=                     &nbsp= ;                 13  16 NAME
 I              &nb= sp;                     &= nbsp; 30  33 CCYY

I        &n= bsp;                     =         55  56 TYPE

 I  =                     &nbsp= ;               201 202 CLSUB  <BR   >

AFTER = SOME CALCULATIONS statements (C specs)

------------------------------= ------------------------------
     &nb= sp;                     &= nbsp;

  OGMIRPMF1E          &nb= sp;     OUT

  O    &nb= sp;               99  FIRM  &= nbsp;   2
   &nbs= p;

  O    =                 99  OFCAC&nbs= p;   12

  O        &n= bsp;           99  CFIRM    22&nb= sp;
     <= BR>
  O                &nbsp= ;   97            33 '1999'  &nbsp= ;

<IM= G
   SRC="http://ads.rediff.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_nx.cgi/www.rediffmail
.com/inbox.htm@Bottom" BORDER=0 VSPACE=0 HSPACE=0 HEIGHT=74 WIDTH   =496>