Hi to all (Scott I'm back),

Although following discussion about the use of sockets on this and
other mail-lists, I was not yet busy with sockets.
Time has changed though and I'v followed Scots tutorial and adapted the
example server-programs to be able to work with the FTPAPI
service-program provided by Scott Klement.
Now I should be ready for the first real communications.

I have however 'some' problems with creating the first client and
handling programs for my first purpose for a socket interface.
The client should be able to send some data (for example from an file
on the IFS or from a buffer supplied by an other program) and the
receiver should place in it an buffer and process this data further and
respond to the client.

I could not found appropriate examples in Scoot's example sources to
accomplish this, so I started to try somethings.
The results differ from what should happen.
The problem seems to be that till now I do not sufficiently sense what
function to use for what purpose.

Can someone help me (perhaps with some source examples)to accomplish
the following tasks?
- Read an IfS or PF file in a buffer.
- Send that buffer over a socket to the recipient.
- Receive from the socket into a buffer.

I would appreciate,

Kind regards,
Eduard.