Granted, I'm a little busy today and may be overlooking something, but how
do you 'know' the starting position is wrong?
What is the message id of the data mapping error?
And, on what line of code is it occurring?

first usage I've seen of %replace in production.  I've gotten rather fond
of pointers.

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

"Eric A. Wolf" <eric_a_wolf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/22/2003 03:13 PM
Please respond to

"RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Trigger question

I am not performing any data access to any files but am now having
problems
replacing the new output version of the file to the buffer.  Here is how I
am getting the after image before attempting to fill in the field:

C                   Eval      OUTDS = %subst(PARM1:NEWOFF+1:NEWLEN) *
This is retrieving the data correctly *

And here is how I am attempting to replace the new version of the file
into
the buffer.  I am getting a data mapping error.  I know the starting
position is wrong but how do I get the correct starting position for the
%REPLACE?  The OUTDS is an external datastructure of the "after" image.

C                   EVAL      PARM1 =
%REPLACE(OUTDS:PARM1:NEWOFF+1:NEWLEN)

Thanks...
Eric