>In V5R2, you can only start the JVM once.  (In V5R1, you can usually
start it many times, but it's not really supported so you occasionally
can only get the 1.1 JDK on restarts.  I wouldn't build a dependency in
V5R1 on being able to bring down the JVM and restart it, given this
restriction in V5R2.

Whoa, wait a sec, do you mean that I am bringing down and starting the JVM
each time I change or attempt to change the CLASSPATH?

>So I think the CLASSPATH should be setup once, at the start of the job,
with all the directories for any application that might need Java.

This doesn't seem very feasible given the amount of ILE around here.  If I
am another programmer in my shop, why should I have to care if Aaron used
Java behind the scenes for his RPGMail tool?  If it caused big problems then
yes they will need to care, but I still don't see the need if I can just
monitor for a message if a CLASSPATH entry add attempt fails.  Am I missing
something?

Thanks,
Aaron Bartell