>FWIW, all of the open-source stuff I've seen is (way) over my head.
I will admit that some stuff can be quite confusing, especially when you
start dealing with some of IBM's API's, but I used to think the same way
until I actually tried to produce something open source.  Then you see all
of the motions others have gone through and you understand why things are
done certain ways.

If you want to see some cool open source code take a look at Scott Klements
HTTP API tool and pay attention to the different levels of API's and how at
each level up they get easier to call.  http://klement.dstorm.net/httpapi/

>One question:  Is the XML output going to be limited to 32K?

The example on the site implies that, but no, I would be foolish to assume
that I could fit all XML result sets in 32767.  There will be a whole set of
API's to get the data in different ways including writing it to a file in
the IFS.  For example:

resultXMLFile = DB2Xml_getFile('/myfolder/myfile.xml': '199.143.221.784':
'User': 'Password': SQLStatement);

CGI_outFromFile(resultXMLFile);  - this is writing to standard out.

or

parser = DOMParse_init(IFS_FILE: resultXMLFile);

Aaron Bartell