Ah, there's the rub "... wherever it makes sense."  That's the part open
to human emotions.

Some might change from a DIV to a MULT to save .005 seconds on a 5 million
record process.  Those same won't change from RPG file handling to SQL
handling to shave a minute off that same process, even if they're the ones
that ran the time trials and found the better performance did come from
SQL.

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

"Bill" <billzbubb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/15/2003 01:13 PM
Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries