Michael,

Check out the date routines in my free "xRPG" library:
http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates.php

As long as you are at V5R1+ you could use any of these. Using my
procedures, there are several ways to do the following, the easiest
being:

c                   eval      Date8 = dateAsInteger(
c                             %date(Date8) + %days(1) )

Visit my documentation to see what all comes with the library:
http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/

Or visit my download center for download and installation:
http://www.rpgnext.com/downloads.php

Thanks!

Joel
http://www.rpgnext.com