You field is not a date field in *CYMD format--there's no such
thing. Your field is a zoned or packed numeric field that your
program is treating like a date value.

If hstSDate is numeric and is in *CYMD format, why are you telling
%DATE that it is an *MDY value?

Normally you'd use this to move a zoned or packed field into a date
field.

     D hstDate         S              7S 0 Inz(1030730)
     D myDate          S               D   DATFMT(*MDY)
     C     *CYMD         MOVE      hstDate       MyDate

There is no direct, free-form version of this situation.
You'll probably see some multiple statement compositions that can do
it, but nothing direct/one-to-one.

-Bob