John,

When I run this program this is what I get:

CALL PGM(JOHNSTABs) PARM(SK$UPCOU00 'c:tabbedfile.20032507140500.go

             ')

   300 - CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(*LIBL/SK$UPCOU00 *FIRST)

  TOSTMF('c:tabbedfile.20032507140500.go') RCDDLM(*CRLF) FLDDLM(X'05')

Ownership of object QCPEXTEMPS in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.

File QACP889015 created in library QTEMP.

Member QACP889015 added to file QACP889015 in QTEMP.

Ownership of object QACP889015 in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.

Ownership of object QACEXFLD12 in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.

Object copied.

All records copied from file SK$UPCOU00 in VGMDDTA.

Error Occurred in SQL Call Level Interface<-- Error type 10 is function
sequence error.

Object QACP889015 in QTEMP type *FILE deleted.

       - RETURN        /* RETURN due to end of CL program */

What am I doing wrong?

Please help.

Thanks,

John Cunha

NGR

into

>>TOSTMF(&TOSTMF) -->To stream file?

>>Thanks,

>>John Cunha

>>NGR

output

>>>file,

>>>if you look from the iSeries side, will be a hex 09.

>>>DCL        VAR(&TAB) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1) VALUE(X'05')

>>>CPYTOIMPF  FROMFILE(&FROMLIB/&FROMFILE &FROMMBR) +

>>>             TOSTMF(&TOSTMF) RCDDLM(*CRLF) FLDDLM(&TAB)

>>>You get the idea.

>>>I created a copy of CPYTOIMPF of my own to allow named delimiters.

>>>John Brandt

>>>iStudio400.com

tab

>>>it and sent it as flat file (.GO) to another server.

>>>We have one way of doing that which is writing a program per file and

>>>add X'05' between the fields to insert the tabs. This solution is
quite

>>>cumbersome and time consuming due to the number of files that need to
be

>>>transferred.

>>>Ps. CPYTOIMPF does seem to work since it only has '|' not a real
*TAB!

>>>....5..

>>>RS- A- 45

>>>DE0C0FF