"Bartell, Aaron L. (TC)" wrote:

> After reading that I don't feel like I have enough information to build an
> error trapping routine in RPG (it is very vague as to where you need to
> specify a procedure pointer for the Exception).  Do have something like this
> working in code that you could share?

Aaron, I hit Send before I was finished my previous post, so I never
finished the "to handle it in rpg" part.

The section that Shannon mentioned mainly deals with handling JNI
exceptions when you are not using the EXTPROC(*JAVA) support, but
instead you are doing all the JNI calls for the method-call yourself.
Only in the last sentence, it says what happens when you let RPG make
the method-call using the EXTPROC(*JAVA) support.  In that case, RPG
converts the Java exception to an RNX030x exception (RNX0301 for a
thrown Java exception).  The actual Exception object is not available to
your RPG program - the replacement text for RNX0301 has the first 100
bytes of the exception.toString() value.

The RPG exception handling would be coded the same as for a normal call
that might fail - (E) extender or MONITOR.