-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Paramasivam Murugesan , Gurgaon
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 2:24 AM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: INZ the Date Variable

Hi all,

In RPG cycle, at What point of time, the Initialization of variables take
place?  The DATFMT keyword in D spec overrides the DATFMT Keyword in H spec.
I believe i am right. If the date variable DAT1 is initialized with a valid
date value and it has the format specified in the D spec.

I know, the DATFMT keyword specified in the D spec will have the effect on
that date variable in the calculation time.
but, I dont understand, why the compiler does not consider the DATFMT
keyword in D spec while doing initialization.

0000.40  1 H DATFMT(*ISO)
0000.41      2 D DAT1            S               D
DATFMT(*MDY)INZ(D'07/25/03')
0000.42                                                        ======>a
0000.43
======>bbbbbbbbbbb
0000.44 *RNF0305 20 a 000100  The value D'07/25/03' is not a valid *ISO-
Date literal.
0000.45 *RNF3492 20 b 000100  Initialization value D'0001-01-01' for field
DAT1 is not in
0000.46                            years 1940 - 2039.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance
Murugesh