From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Barbara Morris
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 12:32 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IFS Prototypes

Bob cozzi wrote:

> Here are the rest of my IFS prototypes, sorry that I couldn't locate them
> earlier.
>      D fgets           PR              *   ExtProc('_C_IFS_fgets')
>      D  inBuffer                       *   Value Options(*STRING)

Bob, why Options(*STRING) on inBuffer?  That option allows you to pass a
character expression, but when you do, the character expression always
gets copied to a temporary with a null following it.

If someone did pass a character field thinking it would get set by
fgets, all that would actually be set would be the compiler's internal