All comments appreciated?

1)  Don't use all caps.
2)  If this had been down with SQL instead of RPG's CHAIN you'd not be
having a problem now.  This kind of stuff happens all the time.  I am
working with a vendor package that changed several field sizes in their
latest release, like item number, etc.  What's really fun is when you have
a standard library used by both divisions accessing the new version and
divisions accessing the old version.  That's when you become an advocate
for SQL even in a single record access situation.
3)  You could go into the billion programs and change their source fields
from 7,0 to 8,0
4)
R TXR                       PFILE(TX)
  MYDEC         -1
  MYCHAR
K MYDEC

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

"Jeff Grace" <jeff.grace@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/12/2003 12:42 PM
Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries