Hey all,

While i'm on the subject...  I've used all of this stuff by example only,
without knowing exactly what I'm doing...  I've got a reasonably large and
growing collection of Service programs/functions, so it's probably time to
do the right thing and do it right.  It's becoming quite a job, everytime I
add or change an SP, to recompile all programs that use it.

could someone help me with a short discussion on the pros and cons of using
binder language for creating service programs, what the different sections
are used for (*current, *prv, etc), and the best way of maintaining them so
that I don't have to recompile everything when I change an SP?

also, how do you set up your binding directories?  I tend to just have a
single binding dir for each service program, and declare multiple
directories in my H specs as needed for all programs that use the SPs.  is
this how you do them?

One more thing - can you 'bind by copy' a service program to a module
(either certain functions, or the whole thing)?  or does a 'bind by copy'
have to be a module with a 'main' entry point?

I've tried reading the ILE concepts guide, but i'm still fuzzy on these
topics.  Everytime I look at that thing, my eyes start to gloss over.

Thanks,

Rick