From: Chuck Lewis [mailto:clewis@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 11:41 AM
To: RPG/400 / iSeries
Subject: Really dumb RPG Question...

Hi Folks,

I get drug back into programming every now and then (I wear a ton of
different hats.) and normally do OK but I am having a brain fart or
something today and have exhausted every avenue I could think of.

I am developing a fairly simple set of programs to allow employees to submit
comments to management. They key in an entry and once they hit enter it
writes the record to the Comments PF and emails a contact in HR that there
has been a new entry.

Well it is this section of code for emailing that is causing me the problem.
There is a file that has HR contacts in it. Right now there is only one
entry in there, but the thought is, in the future there could be more. So I
do a DOWEQ OFF read on this file and send email until there is no more hits
in the file. Then the user gets a screen with their tracking # and the
chance to do another entry.

Well if you do this it adds the record to the Comments PF but does not send
the email because in the email routine the HR contacts file is still
positioned at the last record. How do I get it to reset ?

Thanks !

Chuck