From: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Date: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 7:38:59 AM
To: klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx; rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: SEU vs. ?

Scott,

Maybe I'm not getting what your say, but isn't it more you want them to do
is a version of their clients (CODE, WDSC, OPsNavegator, CA400, etc) that
will run under any operating system. ie: Unix, Lynx... etc even the dreaded
Windoz? If so it would have nothing to do with the OS on the iSeries (other
than it's interfaces thru API's and LIPI's), but everything to do with a
version of the Client code that could run under brand-x OS on a PC

They sort of use to have this with CA400 (PCS400) when they did a version
for Win-3.x, Win-NT, DOS and OS2 (if I'm understanding you statements
correctly), but yes it would make since to have a version that could run
some other OS other than Windoz, but I'm sure it's a marketing thing (as
well as a support issue).

Or maybe I totally don't understand the comments. If so just ignore (happens
to me all the time at home!).

Regards,

-- Jim LowAry