I guess i've just been living in the dark ages for too long....

i've only had 3 employers in my entire dp life - my first NEVER put pcs on
peoples desks.  too cheap.  we worked almost exclusively on twinax. (that
was 7 years ago when I left)

my second (i was a part owner of that one), I was more management than
consultant, we worked on a shoestring budget - no laptops.   When I did
work outside the office, it was at large corps who had 'policies' that you
couldn't stray from.

the third, i've been at the same client for 2+ years, and it took me 6
months just to get them to get up to the right ptf levels to even run CODE.
In the mean time, I'm working on 10+ small projects at a time, doing
maintenance, etc. and it's hard for me to justify 'learning' a new IDE on
thier dime.

but again, they are all just 'excuses'.  I NEED to do it, and I will
eventually.

Rick