Bob,

This is NOT an unqualified endorsement of SEU (although i've yet to force
myself to learn a pc based editor of any kind)...

> Top Ten things you CAN DO in Code/400 and CodeStudio but can NOT do in
SEU:
> Cut/Paste - Can't do it in SEU.

Sure you can, with any decent 5250 client - the only thing you can't do is
auto insert those lines - you have to have open source lines to paste.
Cutting and pasting more than one screen's worth is a hassle, but I learn
the shortcut keys and it's not so bad.  Not a function of SEU, but I don't
notice much.

and don't tell me about Client access not having ctrl-c and v - LEARN TO
MAP YOUR KEYBOARD! ;)

> (Dynamically) Colorized source - Can't do it (for real) in SEU.

there's a third party package (really cheap, if i remember) that does it
for you.... i found it a little annoying though.

> Procedure Wizards - Can't do it in SEU (and can't really do it in
CODE/400
> either).

point Cozzi - unless you count F15  ;)

> Drag/Drop Editing - Can't do it in SEU or CODE/400, only CodeStudio.

point Cozzi - although, I've known about that feature in Word forever, but
never used it - ctrl-x, ctrl-v always felt better to me.  although I use it
all the time in excel.

> Edit multiple source members simultaneously with cut/copy/paste between
them
> - Can't do it in SEU.

sure you can.  sometimes, i've got 5 or 6 seu sessions open at one time
from different CA sessions.  and I cut and paste when needed - see above.

> Change font size for us old timers. - Can't do it in SEU.

most 5250 clients can change font size - but not very well.
point Cozzi

> Tabbed entry (e.g., tab from Opcode to Factor 2) - Can't do it in SEU.

yes you can, but not well.  my tabs are setup for rpgiv c specs, and so are
worthless in any other rpg spec or other source type.

point Cozzi

> Automatically convert from RPGIII-style opcodes to real RPG IV syntax
(e.g.,
> convert IFEQ in IF) - Can't do it in SEU or CODE/400, only in CodeStudio.

legacy is legacy - should I trust it?  probably, but is it worth the
trouble?  probably not...

but i digress... point conceded.

> Automatically convert from real RPG IV style code into /FREE format code
-
> Can't do it in SEU or CodeStudio, only CODE/400.

I'm not sold on /free....  yet.  I like my columns.  call me a prude if you
wish.

> [[Drum roll, please...]]
> And the number one thing you can do in CODE/400 and CodeStudio that you
> can't do in SEU is...
> Use a product who name changes more than its feature set!

SEU hasn't changed names in, what... 40 years?  lol

anyway, I keep telling myself I'm going to take the code/wsdwhatever dive
soon, but it's always something - bad install, not enough pc, ptfs aren't
current, working in different places - places where they look at you funny
when you say "do you use code"?

one day... I swear.

Rick