From: "Steve Landess" <steve_landess@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "RPG400 List" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 12:07 AM
Subject: Using Retrieve Command Definition (QCDRCMDD) API

Hello,

I want to use the QCDRCMDD API in an RPG program with the DEST0200 format.
I found and dowloaded a program that works using the DEST0100 format, which
returns the command information in a variable. However, I want to use the
DEST0200 format to create the output in a stream file in the IFS.

In looking at the documentation for this API on the Info Center, I'm
confused about how to code and use the data structure for the DEST0200
format.  In the RPG400-L archives I found an example by Bruce Vining, but
his example is just a command line call like this:

call qcdrcmdd ('CRTBNDRPG QSYS' x'000000000000000000000000000000000000000
461000000000000000000000061c3c3c3' DEST0200 ' ' CMDD0100 0)

If anyone has any working code that you would share, that would be nice, but
what is more important to me is to be able to interpret the Info Center
documentation on _any_ API and translate that to working code.  It almost
seems like IBM has gone to great lengths to obfuscate this process.  It
shouldn't be this difficult to understand.