<snip>
 what happens when a thread bombs?  Does one thread failing take down all
the
others?  Does a failed thread auto release the thread(*serialize) lock that
ILE places on the module?
<snip>

>From my experience, it takes down the entire job.  This is IBM's statement
on the issue of exceptions:

"If an exception has not been handled by the time it has percolated to the
control boundary and the control boundary is a program entry procedure (PEP
or main entry point), the multithread-capable job is ended."

Basically, you have to handle all exceptions and prevent them from causing
your program to exit.

Also, never let an activation group end.  This will also take down your job.

Here is a link to IBM's documentation on OS400 threads.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzahw/rzahwas4co.htm

It covers everything from Activation groups to Data management.

Schadd Gray
Damon Technologies, Inc.
www.damontech.com