>I coded a module about two months ago that has
>a single subprocedure.  Within that subprocedure
>is an *INZSR routine.  It compiles just fine.
>
>My co-workers used this code as a template
>for their new modules...  Neither of these
>modules compile, and the ILE RPG compiler
>issues the following message:
>
>*RNF5425 The *INZSR subroutine cannot
>be defined in a subprocedure.
>
>If that's the truth, then why did my
>original module compile?

I just tried it and I can't get it to compile to V4R5 here on V5R2.  Post
the code so someone else can try it?  Maybe I misunderstood the problem, but
here's my crack at it:

     h debug
      * dbgview(*list)

     d myProc          pr             5a
     d  myParm                        5a   const

     d stuff           s              5a

     c                   eval      stuff = myProc('data')
     c     stuff         dsply

     c                   eval      *inlr = *on

     p myProc          b
     d myProc          pi             5a
     d  myParm                        5a   const

     d return          s              5a
     d inzFlag         s               n

     c                   if        inzFlag
     c                   eval      return = myParm
     c                   endif

     c                   return    return

     c     *inzsr        begsr
RNF5425E The *INZSR subroutine cannot be defined in a subprocedure.
     c                   eval      inzFlag = *on
     c                   endsr

     p                 e