From: Booth Martin [mailto:Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 12:27 AM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Using OO concepts in RPG

You totally miss the point Joe. Totally.  I already know most of this stuff.
 It isn't RPG.  It isn't part of the language.  You can't print from it.
All you can do is make a page somewhere and then use the browser or some
non-IBM commercial product to create  a printer-friendly file, then print it
as another step.

A few of the things that are missing include page breaks, page overflows.
footers, headers.
These are the things that no one can do from the iSeries, in any way
whatsoever.  These are the things we need.

The items you ask for are available already, you just are asking that
enormous time and energy be spent so a few items will be more convenient for
a very small cadre of expert programmers.  Frankly I prefer the time and
energy be devoted to helping ordinary and average RPG Programmers provide
their management with the finest Reports & Services available.

Booth Martin   http://www.MartinVT.com
Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx