On Sun, 11 May 2003 18:06:49 -0400
 Hans <boldt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Joe Pluta wrote:
> > I think generating HTML in RPG is wrong, for a number
> of reasons which
> > I've
> > stated in the past.
>
> Well, now there's an issue we both agree on! ;-)

Funny, I remember arguing this with both of you, but none
of your reasons stick in my mind.  Not to start another
thread here, but if RPG is wrong, then that makes a lot of
other languages wrong, since RPG is "not only a report
generating language".

But, on the other hand, a good handful of web applications
ARE reports, which makes RPG just as good as any other
language.

I know that myself and many others (most of whom probably
won't agree out loud... snicker) disagree with you guys on
this point.  I also have a lot of customers keeping me busy
that see the power of RPG as a very valuable web tool..
after fighting with Java and Websfear for a couple years it
only makes RPG look like a lifesaver to them.  Of course,
included in my argument is the use of the CGIDEV2
toolkit... quite a piece of work (go Mel.. go Mel!!)

I know one or both of you may respond to this with a 100
page "confuse em with a bajillion terms" reply (sarcasm)..
but lets try to keep this simple.  If it's not simple to
explain, then you really haven't made your point.

In other words.  How would you convince George W. Bush (or
a reader of "IT Management News") than RPG is wrong for web
and something else is good.

Brad
www.bvstools.com