Joe, I can respect your compassion for "older coders who don't really want
to learn new things".  But, I don't see how you can escape rapid change with
technology the way it is today.  I just need you to clarify this for me; I
don't see how an "older coder..." would have an easier time learning your
"extended format" vs. /Free.  They seem to be the same amount of learning,
IMO.  I would have to go to a RedBook or manual, for both of them, to get
the IBM syntax definition.

Since you are the MOVE evangelist why don't you write (and test) a sub proc
called move() and distribute it to us all so we can be done with that
discussion.  I am trying to think of the last time I've needed move since I
started /free. . . I don't think I have.  IMO, the _only_ valid argument you
have with MOVE is that it would be a lot easier to do mass conversions of
code.

Aaron Bartell