Von: Raul A Jager [mailto:raul@xxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 9. April 2003 19:41
An: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Betreff: Re: Calculating a New Date

Why not use directly the "BIF" provided in V5.2?

Bill wrote:

>I've got a program that calculates a new date based upon a number of days
offset.  Here is a snippet of the code:

>. . .
>C     *entry        Plist
>C                   Parm                    indate
>C                   Parm                    dateformat        5
>C                   Parm                    diffdays          4 0
>C                   Parm                    outdate
>C*
>C                   Select
>C*
>C     dateformat    WhenEq    '*MDY'
>C     dateformat    OrEq      '*mdy'
>C     *mdy          Move      inmdy         @date
>C                   AddDur    diffdays:*days@xxxx
>C     *mdy          Move      @date         outmdy
>. . .
>
>I'm enhancing the logic to handle all valid date formats, to allow the
option specification of an output date format, and will be prototyping the
parameters.

>Does anyone have a sample of a program like this already written?  I'm
going to end up overhauling this thing and would like to save a lot of time
if it's already been done.  BTW, I'm at V5R2 and am not against free form
code.