From: jrc@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jrc@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 10:57 AM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Calculating a New Date

Bill,

I have some procedures that format strings from date variables passed in, one
for *ISO and one for *USA.  They include variables for zero suppress, dashes,
slashes, etc.  It would be simple enough to follow the examples and make as
many different outputs as you want.

If you work with actual date fields instead your calling program could simply
send the adjusted date like so:

dateString = #dateUSA( myDate + %days( numDiff ) );

Since you want to handle varying date types, you simply adjust myDate before
the call... why not, since you already have all the required pieces in your
PLIST?  I mean you already have to know the format and everything to be able to
send it, so why bother?

if dateFormat = *MDY ;
  myDate = %date( myString : *MDY );
elseif ;
...etc
endif ;

// now call the desired date format routine...

I have some other date routines as well, like one that lets you change a Date
fields attributes (like set day to 15, etc) and one that retrieves the last day
of the month for the passed Date).  I've been thinking of putting together a
service program for download on my website.  If anyone is interested or has
additional ideas for the SRVPGM please let me know.

Joel