From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Smith, Nelson
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 7:28 AM
To: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: RE: Indicator Arrays in /FREE

They are very easy to work with once you get familiar with them.  You set up
a 1-byte character field in your DDS for each displayable field that you
want to control.  It's like a hidden field, except you use a type of 'P'
rather than 'H'.  Then you associate it with the displayable field by use of
the DSPATR keyword.  Instead of using RI or HI or any of those attribute
tags you would normally use, you just use the Program-to-File field name
(along with an ampersand like in CL).  i.e.

A               ATTR_NAME               1A   P
A               DATA_NAME               30A  B  10  1DSPATR(&ATTR_NAME)

Instead of setting indicators in your program, you simply move various
hex-codes into the attribute field for whatever attribute you want.  Now all
attribute control resides in your program, and is much more readable.  I set
up the hex codes as constants in a copy member and just copy them into all
my programs as one of many standard include members.  Here are some of the
hex codes I use:

D ND              C                   CONST( X'27'                        )

D PR_ND           C                   CONST( X'A7'                        )

D Normal          C                   CONST( X'20'                        )

D PR_Normal       C                   CONST( X'A0'                        )

D RI              C                   CONST( X'21'                        )

D PR_RI           C                   CONST( X'A1'                        )

D HI              C                   CONST( X'22'                        )

D HI_RI           C                   CONST( X'23'                        )

D PR_HI           C                   CONST( X'A2'                        )

D PR_HI_RI        C                   CONST( X'A3'                        )

D UL              C                   CONST( X'24'                        )

D UL_RI           C                   CONST( X'25'                        )

D UL_HI           C                   CONST( X'26'                        )

D PR_UL           C                   CONST( X'A4'                        )
D PR_UL_RI        C                   CONST( X'A5'                        )
D PR_UL_HI        C                   CONST( X'A6'                        )

D BL              C                   CONST( X'28'                        )
D BL_RI           C                   CONST( X'29'                        )
D BL_HI           C                   CONST( X'2A'                        )
D BL_HI_RI        C                   CONST( X'2B'                        )
D BL_UL           C                   CONST( X'2C'                        )
D BL_UL_RI        C                   CONST( X'2D'                        )
D BL_UL_HI        C                   CONST( X'2E'                        )

D PR_BL           C                   CONST( X'A8'                        )
D PR_BL_RI        C                   CONST( X'A9'                        )
D PR_BL_HI        C                   CONST( X'AA'                        )
D PR_BL_HI_RI     C                   CONST( X'AB'                        )
D PR_BL_UL        C                   CONST( X'AC'                        )
D PR_BL_UL_RI     C                   CONST( X'AD'                        )
D PR_BL_UL_HI     C                   CONST( X'AE'                        )

 *** COLORS ***
D White           C                   CONST( X'22'                        )
D White_UL        C                   CONST( X'26'                        )
D White_RI        C                   CONST( X'23'                        )
D White_RI_CS     C                   CONST( X'33'                        )

D PR_White        C                   CONST( X'A2'                        )
D PR_White_UL     C                   CONST( X'A6'                        )
D PR_White_RI     C                   CONST( X'A3'                        )
D PR_White_RI_CS  C                   CONST( X'B3'                        )

D Green           C                   CONST( X'20'                        )
D Green_RI        C                   CONST( X'21'                        )
D Green_UL        C                   CONST( X'24'                        )
D Green_UL_RI     C                   CONST( X'25'                        )

D PR_Green        C                   CONST( X'A0'                        )
D PR_Green_RI     C                   CONST( X'A1'                        )
D PR_Green_UL     C                   CONST( X'A4'                        )
D PR_Green_UL_RI  C                   CONST( X'A5'                        )

D Red             C                   CONST( X'28'                        )
D Red_RI          C                   CONST( X'29'                        )
D Red_HI          C                   CONST( X'2A'                        )
D Red_HI_RI       C                   CONST( X'2B'                        )
D Red_UL          C                   CONST( X'2C'                        )
D Red_UL_RI       C                   CONST( X'2D'                        )
D Red_UL_BL       C                   CONST( X'2E'                        )

D PR_Red          C                   CONST( X'A8'                        )
D PR_Red_RI       C                   CONST( X'A9'                        )
D PR_Red_HI       C                   CONST( X'AA'                        )
D PR_Red_HI_RI    C                   CONST( X'AB'                        )
D PR_Red_UL       C                   CONST( X'AC'                        )
D PR_Red_UL_RI    C                   CONST( X'AD'                        )
D PR_Red_UL_BL    C                   CONST( X'AE'                        )

D Turq_CS         C                   CONST( X'30'                        )
D Turq_CS_RI      C                   CONST( X'31'                        )
D Turq_UL_CS      C                   CONST( X'34'                        )
D Turq_UL_RI_CS   C                   CONST( X'35'                        )

D PR_Turq_CS      C                   CONST( X'B0'                        )
D PR_Turq_CS_RI   C                   CONST( X'B1'                        )
D PR_Turq_CS_UL   C                   CONST( X'B4'                        )
D PR_Turq_CSULRI  C                   CONST( X'B5'                        )

D Yellow_CS       C                   CONST( X'32'                        )
D Yellow_CS_UL    C                   CONST( X'36'                        )

D PR_Yellow_CS    C                   CONST( X'B2'                        )
D PR_Yellow_CSUL  C                   CONST( X'B6'                        )

D Pink            C                   CONST( X'38'                        )
D Pink_RI         C                   CONST( X'39'                        )
D Pink_UL         C                   CONST( X'3C'                        )
D Pink_UL_RI      C                   CONST( X'3D'                        )
D PR_Pink         C                   CONST( X'B8'                        )
D PR_Pink_RI      C                   CONST( X'B9'                        )
D PR_Pink_UL      C                   CONST( X'BC'                        )
D PR_Pink_UL_RI   C                   CONST( X'BD'                        )

D Blue            C                   CONST( X'3A'                        )
D Blue_RI         C                   CONST( X'3B'                        )
D Blue_UL         C                   CONST( X'3E'                        )

D PR_Blue         C                   CONST( X'BA'                        )
D PR_Blue_RI      C                   CONST( X'BB'                        )
D PR_Blue_UL      C                   CONST( X'BE'                        )

This message originates from Lincare Holdings Inc. It contains information
which may be confidential or privileged and is intended only for the
individual or entity named above.
It is prohibited for anyone else to disclose, copy, distribute or use the
contents of this message.
All personal messages express views solely of the sender, which are not to
be attributed to Lincare Holdings Inc., and may not be copied or distributed
without this disclaimer.
If you received this message in error, please notify us immediately at
MailAdmin@xxxxxxxxxxx or (800) 284-2006.