If start time, end time, and the difference are all to be time fields, something as simple as this would work:

Htimfmt(*hms)
D starttime       s               t   inz(t'16:26:57')
D endtime         s               t   inz(t'18:09:04')
D diff            s               t
 /free
  diff = t'00:00:00' + %diff(endtime : starttime : *seconds);
  dsply diff;
  *inlr = *on;
 /end-free

Mel Rothman
Mel Rothman, Inc.

Andy Hautamaki wrote:
I have two date fields *MDY with these values. '18:09:04' and '16:26:57'.
All I want to do is find the total elapsed time in hours,minutes and seconds
between them.

I'm using the SUBDUR like this;

EndTime    SUBDUR    StartTime    Hour:*H
EndTime    SUBDUR    StartTime    Minute:*MN
EndTime    SUBDUR    StartTime    Second:*S

Hour,Minute and second are part of a  6,0 data structure. When I put my
program in debug my 'elapsed' variable contains 010227. I suspect its
because of negatives I'm getting the minutes and seconds the way I am.

What am I missing here? (Should I be doing this differently then SUBDUR?)

Andy

_______________________________________________ This is the RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries (RPG400-L) mailing list To post a message email: RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/rpg400-l or email: RPG400-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l.