Definitely!  In fact I test all my RI's, triggers, UDF's etc from either a
session with only the libraries listed in QSYSLIBL in my library list
using UPDDTA, or with some PC based program.  Too often I hear that
someone's trigger is great, to find out it only works if called from a
5250 session and the library list is just right.

Now, a number can be set to start over when it hits a certain value.  And
this may be a problem if some of these values still exist in your file.

For example:
create table rob/booth
 (TheKey dec (1,0) not null
  generated always as identity
  (start with 1
   increment by 1
   cycle),
  SomeData char (10),
 primary key(TheKey) )

Followed by 10 of the following statements:
INSERT INTO ROB/BOOTH (SOMEDATA) VALUES('A')
will result in
SQL0803-Duplicate key value specified.

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

"Booth Martin" <Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/28/2003 07:56 PM
Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries