Good point.  I do tend to mix them sometimes.  You covered it very well in
your previous post.

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: rob@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:rob@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 9:02 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: keys on 2 joined files?

Small 'point of information' Rick.  SQL allows you to create a logical,
selecting fields and records with CREATE VIEW.  However a logical to order
records must be done with CREATE INDEX.  And the wonderful functions of
these two statements do not overlap.  So you can't even do the very
limited function available in DDS to sort upon a fields from a single file
in a join logical.  But with proper indexes built, and the data
manipulation of SQL available within your programs it is not as critical
as it would be if you were limited to only F specs.

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

"Chevalier, Rick" <Rick.Chevalier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/18/2003 09:20 AM
Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries