Mike,

Read chapter 11 of the ILE RPG Programmer's Guide (the magic book)
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/books/c0925073.pdf

Then, for fun, read about my misadventures trying to apply this in the
forum archives (I forget if it was this forum or the Java one).

This article was also pretty helpful
http://www.midrangeserver.com/mpo/mpo013102-story02.html

And you can see where I'm using the JavaMail API to send mail from an RPG
program: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/meovino/opensource/rpgjavamail.html

Mike E.

Mike,

At Shannon O'Donnell's site www.e-snappybooks.com (I hope I have both names
correct) there are some guidelines to define a java call in RPG. I think it
is for V5R2.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler.